Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Really inexpensive wall decor

It's fun to remember how cute this room was, before we squished two babies into it! This is Parker's room, a couple of years ago. This wall is huge and I needed something big to fill it, and I had a budget of... nothing. So, I cut the letter's of his name out of large sheets of cardstock. I chalked the edges of each letter and hung them on a clothesline with clothes pins. After about a year, humidity made the letters curl a little, and at that point I would have re-created the process, but by then I had some other ideas and another baby to fit in the room. Anyway, I figured that, for a wall treatment that cost $0, a year is a good run! It bought me some time until I could do something else.

2 comments:

  1. Plus, since styles change so quickly anyway - a year is really decent, especially considering how much you could have spent, to change your mind later!

    I loved it when you did this - it looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word I love this! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete