Sunday, August 22, 2010

The day that the Thrift Store gods smiled upon me

Small wreaths are great for some things, but lately I have been in love with HUGE front door wreaths. So, this week I was wandering through a thrift store and I found the parts to a fabulous new autumn wreath for my front door. I found this 14-inch berry wreath and a matching garland for $5 each. I snatched them up. A few days later, at Hobby Lobby, I found this great 29-inch grapevine wreath form on sale for 50% off! (I paid $6.50.)Last night I started ripping the garland and small wreath apart. The garland was best; the little sections each came apart with a long bendable wire on the end. The wreath sections were shorter and had to be hot-glued onto the final project. Once the little segments were all separated, I started attaching them to my huge wreath. I started by putting them at equal intervals (12, 3, 6 and 9 positions) and then filling in between. The last few were just glued in where I saw a bald spot. Here's the finished wreath. I love it. Total cost: $16.50.
The hardest part about this wreath will be waiting a few more weeks for Autumn to be here so that I can hang it on the door!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! I love the finished product it looks azmaing! Now I want to find an awesome thrift store find too! You are so lucky and talented, to find that and transfer it into something amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of turning ordinary things into the extraordinary!!

    ReplyDelete